Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A hacker without a handle

Poor Joey, lately I've come to understand what he was going through. For about a decade, I had a handle I loved (came up with it in Latin class, no less). but it seems that over the past couple of years I've basically outgrown it. It's a little sad actually, as I've lost touch with my old persona, I've also lost touch with the people who know me by it - it's like a little piece of my life has been bundled off and put into permanent storage. I wish I had more pictures....

So, now I'm back as Eclectic Ocelot (I haven't decided whether or not to add a "the" at the front yet). Why this? Well, I just discovered ocelots not to long ago, and I think that they are pretty fricking cool - in fact, I think that my cats probably dream about being ocelots at night (hopefully this will be the last time I mention my cats here - don't think the world needs another crazy cat lady blog.

The "eclectic" is for a couple of reasons: first it makes the name really fun to say, second (and most importantly) I'm really starting this blog because I've wanted for a while to find a blog that discussed things that were fun for me. Sure, there's Metafilter, Gizmodo, CardSquad, and other sites that tickle a few of my interests every now and then, but nothing that really covers it all. Maybe there are people out there whose interests are just like mine, and if so, this blog is for them. Maybe you're one of those people? Maybe you should stick around, read a few of my posts, drop me a comment and let me know you're out there. And if what I have to offer doesn't interest you Maybe it just wasn't meant to be...

So, this is me Eclectic Ocelot... The? Eclectic Ocelot... EcOc... eo... whatever. I can't really say what this blog will be about but hopefully I'll enjoy figuring it out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home