Monday, October 17, 2005

A week without chocolate...

In an attempt to prove to myself that I am stronger than my addictions, I've decided to go for a week without eating (or drinking!) any chocolate. I started yesterday at 8pm, and on this coming Sunday (10/23/2005) at 8pm, I'm going to commence making the chocolate lava thingies featured in this episode of Good Eats.

So far, I think I'm doing ok. The hardest part was that almost immediately after making the pledge yesterday evening, I ended up watching the above linked chocolate themed Good Eats episode - I honestly didn't know what it was about, the title was "Art of Darkness" which seems innocent enough (actually, it does seem a little sinister, but still!). I notice now that there are actually 3 different Art of Darkness episodes - hopefully I don't run into the other two this week...

In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that I did make a small slip today. One of my co-workers is attempting to divulge himself of his Girl Scout Cookie hoard and walked into my cube and promptly proceeded to push a box of these into my face. I only took one, and then ate it before I remembered my goal (sigh). I don't even LIKE Tagalongs...bah! Obviously, I'm going to need to be more diligent so that slips like that don't happen again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home